The Institute for Meditation and Psychotherapy (IMP) is a non-profit organization dedicated to the education and training of mental health professionals interested in the integration of mindfulness meditation and psychotherapy, for the purpose of enhancing the therapy relationship, the quality of clinical interventions, and the well-being of the therapist.
The purpose of membership is to provide an organization to support and connect the rapidly growing community of practitioners of meditation and psychotherapy, both locally (the New England Region of US) and globally (through online and affiliate programs). Anyone who shares the mission of IMP to work toward an integration of Buddhist psychology and practice with Western psychotherapy is invited to join.
Benefits of Membership
- opportunity to align with the work and mission of IMP
- discounts on many IMP Programs
- listing in the Member Directory
- access to IMPList, the Member listserv
- invitation to annual Membership event
- access to posting on the Member Happenings page of the IMP website
- access to posting events on the IMP Facebook page
- opportunities to network and join study, practice and writing groups with like-minded professionals
- opportunities to work with/consult with IMP Faculty
- opportunities to help shape the Membership organization
Responding to growing interest among psychotherapists of all theoretical orientations, this practical book provides a comprehensive introduction to mindfulness and its contemporary clinical applications. The authors, who have been practicing both mindfulness and psychotherapy for decades, present a range of clear-cut procedures for practicing mindfulness techniques and teaching them to patients. They demonstrate how mindfulness practices can increase acceptance and empathy in the therapeutic relationship; relieve the suffering caused by depression, anxiety, and chronic pain; enhance clinical work with children; and help therapists in their personal development... Read More.