TERMS OF SERVICE
Last revised on March 3, 2013
I agree that my use of the Institute for Meditation and Psychotherapy Therapist Database (heretofore referred to as the “THERAPIST DATABASE”) indicates that I have read this agreement, I understand it, and I intend to abide by all of its terms.
I. USE OF INFORMATION
- I understand that the information I gather on the THERAPIST DATABASE does not constitute referrals or endorsements to any therapist or mental health service provider (heretofore referred to as the “PROVIDER”) listed in the THERAPIST DATABASE. I further understand that Institute for Mediation and Psychotherapy (heretofore referred to as “IMP”) strongly recommends that I consult several independent resources before choosing a therapist or mental health resource.
- I understand that IMP does not offer crisis intervention or emergency services. In an emergency situation, I should dial 911, or go to my nearest emergency room.
- While IMP updates information in the THERAPIST DATABASE when notified by participating providers, I understand IMP cannot guarantee the accuracy, reliability, comprehensiveness or timeliness of any information listed in the THERAPIST DATABASE.
- I agree that the information I gather from the THERAPIST DATABASE is for personal use only and will not be used for commercial, or any other purpose.
II. MENTAL HEALTH PROVIDERS LISTED IN THE THERAPIST DATABASE
- I understand that IMP does not recommend or endorse any mental health provider (PROVIDER) listed in the THERAPIST DATABASE.
- I understand that IMP cannot vouch for the safety or efficacy of any treatment offered by a PROVIDER in the THERAPIST DATABASE.
- I understand that the information in the therapist database is supplied solely by the PROVIDERS, or by their affiliated organizations. I further understand that IMP does not conduct any independent reviews to verify degrees or other professional qualifications that have been submitted to the THERAPIST DATABASE by the PROVIDERS or their affiliated organizations.
- IMP recommends obtaining other references from authoritative independent resources, regarding any PROVIDER’S credentials and professional reputation, before engaging the PROVIDER’S services. I understand that one should not rely solely on this or any other database when seeking mental health services.
- I agree that IMP is not liable for any misrepresentations or inaccuracies that may exist regarding information submitted by a PROVIDER or their affiliated organizations.
- I agree that IMP is not liable for any defamatory, offensive or illegal conduct which may emanate from my contact with any PROVIDER listed in the THERAPIST DATABASE.
- I agree that I will not hold IMP liable for any injury I may suffer as the result of my contact with a PROVIDER who is listed In the THERAPIST DATABASE.
III. GENERAL TERMS
- I understand that the contents of the THERAPIST DATABASE are owned by the Institute for Meditation and Psychotherapy, at 51 Martin St., Cambridge, Massachusetts.
- I understand that all terms and conditions of use of this are subject to change by IMP without notice.